Title: AJC Report Launch – Access to social welfare advice in a hospital setting: integration of services
When: Wednesday 23rd June at 12:30-13:30
Where: Zoom Webinar
The COVID-19 pandemic has had a significant effect on the delivery of advice in England. The lack of face-to-face encounters and the remote delivery has highlighted the gaps in access to advice and access to justice for vulnerable groups who require help with a variety of social welfare problems. The role of the NHS has never been as important and the extent to which health and wellbeing is a vital component of the economy has been thrust under the microscope. This report looks at the provision of early multifaceted advice and guidance for those who are most vulnerable in society.
This event highlights the findings of a pilot project which looked at existing partnership hubs that provide welfare benefits advice in hospital settings. Speakers include:
– Michael Bell, Chairman of Croydon Health Services NHS Trust and Director of MBARC
– Naomi Creutzfeldt, Professor in Socio-Legal Studies, Westminster University
– Diane Sechi, Senior Pro Bono Lawyer, Simmons & Simmons
– Philip Worrall, Research Fellow in Management Science, Westminster University and Health Innovation Ecosystem
– Nick Wright, Manager, Citizens Advice Bureau at Great Ormond Street Hospital
– Marie Copple, East Midlands Haemoglobinopathy Network Lead Nurse, Leicester Royal Infirmary Hospital
To register for this event, please book a ticket on our website at: https://ajc-justice.co.uk/events/
No comments yet.